We are an international IT organization which supports approximately 2,500 users throughout the European & Mediterranean area. And for some applications the scope is even global. With 80 colleagues we are located in the office of Arval Netherlands in Houten. Our platform and applications ensure that IT has both a significant influence on the company objectives and a great contribution to plans for the future.
We are part of Arval One IT Corporate, based in Paris, where Arval’s headquarters are also located. Arval, a subsidiary of BNP Paribas, is the largest contract hire company in Europe and has a total of 29 offices worldwide.
Working at Arval means working at a top international level in a pleasant working environment where there is attention for the individual employee. A work environment in which your opinion counts, there is attention for you as a person, and you are well taken care of on all fronts.
Within Arval, Outsystems is used as the low code development platform for the core leasing system a client- and driver portal and 3 native mobile apps which are used in 15 countries. As an Outsystems engineer you will be part of an agile squad that has the end-to-end responsibility for their products. Other roles within the squad are tester, application manager, business analyst, a scrum master and a product owner.
- Engineers are focused on how they can build what is required and defined in the squad backlog
- They are responsible for technical engineering (building, maintenance and improvement) of the product in the squad
- As a squad member, the engineer is a complete team player, acting with a T-Shape mindset (the willingness to develop a great expertise and the ability to give help outside of this core skill when needed)
- Develop enterprise-grade applications using the OutSystems platform, touching all layers from data modeling and integrations to business logic and UI
- Help the business discover how its processes can be improved and digitized in OutSystems
Engineer main activities are to technically design, analyze, craft the product backlog items
- Participate actively to squad events
- Develop and maintain the product with the right level of quality
- Co-design with designers and testers the acceptance criteria and test scenarios
- Design technical solution for business needs & requirements
- Maintain a clean and secure code
- Raise technical improvements and impediments
- Learn from other disciplines to improve squad’s efficiency (T-shaped)
Participate to one of the engineer chapters: share knowledge, enrich best & learned practices, ensure technical consistency on a cross-squad level.
- 2+ years of effective OutSystems development experience for Web and/or Mobile
- Good knowledge of SQL syntax, for those “special” queries
- Agile process experience, especially SCRUM
- Real-life experience in OutSystems BPT an advantage
- OutSystems Associate or Professional Certification level
- Listen your peers
- Focus on delivering value
- Problem solving
- Think outside the box
What we offer you?
You work together with enthusiastic colleagues, with whom you can also relax during drinks, (sport-) activities and parties. In addition, we offer you:
- a non-contributory pension
- annual result-related bonus
- company car/mobility budget
Does the job description sound appealing to you and do you recognize yourself in the above points? Then we would like you on our team! Click on “apply now” and submit your application via the form. If you have any questions, you can always contact our Recruiter Irene Vlaming via email@example.com or on 030-602.44.44.
Arval is ooit begonnen als autoleasemaatschappij, maar is inmiddels expert in het aanbieden van diverse mobiliteitsoplossingen voor zowel zakelijke als particuliere klanten. Een elektrische auto of e-bike leasen? Of een duurzaam mobiliteitsbeleid voor een grote organisatie uitdenken? Arval heeft alle kennis en ervaring hiervoor in huis. Ons doel is onze klanten altijd zo duurzaam en zorgeloos mogelijk naar hun bestemming te krijgen. Vandaar dat dienstverlening bij ons hoog in het vaandel staat. We zijn niet voor niets al veertien keer uitgeroepen tot beste leasemaatschappij van Nederland!
Werken bij Arval betekent onderdeel zijn van een wereldwijde organisatie, met meer dan 7.200 medewerkers in 30 landen. In Nederland werken ongeveer 300 medewerkers vanuit ons karakteristieke kantoor in Houten aan duurzame mobiliteitsoplossingen. Daarnaast is Arval onderdeel van de BNP Paribas Group, de grootste bank van Europa. Genoeg om over op te scheppen dus! Gelukkig staat menselijkheid binnen Arval voorop. Daarom is de werksfeer juist erg ongedwongen en zoals het werken in een kleine organisatie.