Arval is looking for a Compliance Officer who will support the Head of Compliance Northern Europe and Morocco area in taking care of the three main areas of Compliance: Financial Security (Sanctions and Embargoes, Anti Money Laundering, Combating the Financing of Terrorism), Professional Ethics and Customer Interest Protection (PIC). The Compliance Officer will report to the Head of Compliance Northern Europe and Morocco.
- ensure business compliance with regulatory rules & guidelines as applicable to business activities; ensuring regular compliance monitoring controls are performed
- organize a consistent, up-to-date and coherent roll-out of compliance policies, processes and projects across the entities
- where instances of non-compliance are found, update breach log and recommend steps to be taken in order to correct weaknesses
- provide advice and guidance on compliance matters to all staff members, based on Arval Corporate policies
- conduct regular compliance risk assessments in the three main areas of Compliance
- ensure business complies with Financial Security requirements like KYC, KYI, KYS, etc.
- involvement in the PIC project and subsequently ensure PIC & data protection requirements are met by the business
- assist in setting the tone by developing a strong compliance culture in Professional Ethics within the Arval entities in scope
- provide training to new colleagues
- prepare regular and ad hoc reports as required, for local, regional and Corporate level reporting
- support (external) auditors by coordinating information requirements
- perform any other ad hoc tasks / duties as required by the Head of Compliance.
- provide cover for the Head of Compliance when required in decision processes and committees (e.g. Customer Acceptance Committees, new product validation committees, Territory Committees, entity Compliance committees).
Skills and Qualifications
- master degree (preferably in Law, Finance or Economy) or comparable knowledge by experience
- minimal basic knowledge of Arval’s business along with applicable laws and regulations
- a broad understanding of compliance risks & policies and/or of the organization of a control function, preferably in a credit institution or consultancy firm
- ability to identify Compliance requirements as appropriate to the business model based on proportionality and risk based approach
- ability to simplify and communicate complex legal/regulatory requirements clearly at all levels of management
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on strong written and oral communication, fluent in English and Dutch - knowledge of French being a nice to have
- a professional, discrete and proficient manner in business interactions
- able to work towards departmental deliverables; able to manage conflicting priorities
- ability to work independently, flexibility, accuracy and stress-resistance
- ready to travel (3 to 6 days a month).
At Arval you can combine your love for automotive and the best customer service. Because the customer experience at Arval is key, you need to make many people happy through your work. That should give a lot of satisfaction. Of course we take care of you too.
Working at Arval must be the ultimate experience. That is why we do everything we can to coach and guide you in your development and ambitions. For example, you can follow various training courses in our Arval Academy.
In addition, we offer you:
- a non-contributory pension
- an annual result dependent bonus
- the Arval Vital-program
- subscribtion to a magazine: Autovisie or Autoweek.